Prior to surgery, please follow these directions:
- FULL PAYMENT FOR SURGERY IS REQUIRED ONE WEEK PRIOR TO SURGERY DATE
- Hospital admission forms to be sent DIRECTLY to the hospital
- Ring the anaesthetist one week prior to admission to confirm their payment policy (our office staff will have given you their name and number)
- The day before surgery, ring the hospital to obtain fasting and admission times, unless advised otherwise by our office staff
- Arrange for someone to collect you from the hospital after surgery, as driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery is not allowed for 24hrs after surgery
- A certificate of sickness, post operative appointment and instructions for caring for your mouth will be given to you before leaving the hospital
- NO FOOD OR DRINK (NOT EVEN WATER) TO BE TAKEN FOR SIX HOURS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.
This is because the presence of food or drink in the stomach is dangerous both during and immediately after the sedation.
- LOOSE COMFORTABLE CLOTHING is to be worn and it should be possible to ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES without exerting too much pressure on the arm.
- FLAT SHOES must be worn, however thongs should not be worn.
- NO CONTACT LENSES should be worn.
- NO ALCOHOL to be taken for 48 hours before operation.
- IF SEDATION TABLETS are given prior to the procedure, then it is necessary to have someone accompany you to the surgery.